One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It also held that serious negligence that fell deplorably short of the standard patients are entitled to expect from their doctors could constitute serious professional misconduct.’
- ‘As a regular car user on Station Road the lights on the present zebra crossing are deplorably faint.’
- ‘The long delays for an ambulance service, to come to an accident, or to convey a sick person in these areas is deplorably slow.’
- ‘Writers working in languages other than English get deplorably little attention in Britain, so you can bet that the most underrated authors are ‘foreigners’ you've never read.’
- ‘I know someone - a gifted artist - who chose to give up her analysis rather than tell her analyst that she found his taste in paintings deplorably vulgar.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.