One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Uranium from which most of the fissile isotope uranium-235 has been removed.
- ‘It also seems that they are having trouble differentiating between depleted uranium and enriched uranium.’
- ‘Weapons coated with depleted uranium leave a radioactive toxic dust behind.’
- ‘Radioactive depleted uranium has a half-life of 4500 million years.’
- ‘The problem with depleted uranium is the fact that it is radioactive.’
- ‘These numbers are compounded by the use of depleted uranium during the war, made out of nuclear waste and used in bombs and bullets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.