One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Uranium from which most of the fissile isotope uranium-235 has been removed.
- ‘Weapons coated with depleted uranium leave a radioactive toxic dust behind.’
- ‘These numbers are compounded by the use of depleted uranium during the war, made out of nuclear waste and used in bombs and bullets.’
- ‘It also seems that they are having trouble differentiating between depleted uranium and enriched uranium.’
- ‘The problem with depleted uranium is the fact that it is radioactive.’
- ‘Radioactive depleted uranium has a half-life of 4500 million years.’
depleted uranium/dēˈplēdid yəˈrānēəm/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.