One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[WITH OBJECT]usually as adjective depigmented
Reduce or remove the pigmentation of (the skin).
- ‘Patches of depigmented skin, now referred to as vitiligo, were cosmetically undesirable.’
- ‘The depigmented, white strands of old age tended to give his hair a somewhat bleached and unnatural shading.’
- ‘The creams often contain dangerously high amounts of hydroquinone, a depigmenting chemical that can be harmful or fatal in large doses.’
- ‘Neurologic examination indicated that all of the depigmented areas were hypersensitive to cold, heat, pinprick, and touch, and for some of these areas, low-temperature stimuli were mistakenly identified as ‘hot’ and ‘burning’.’
- ‘Of note, an oval depigmented area about 2 cm in greatest diameter with irregular borders was present on the skin over the infant's left lateral trunk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.