One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action or result of depicting something, especially in art.‘the painting's horrific depiction of war’‘Michelangelo's depictions of the male nude’
picture, painting, portrait, drawing, sketch, artist's impression, study, illustration, portrayal, representation, image, likenessportrayal, representation, presentation, description, delineation, characterizationView synonyms
- ‘But uniformity is lacking even between animal depictions within the same painting group.’
- ‘The prime concern of landscape painting is the depiction of natural scenery.’
- ‘If one went by media depictions, he lamented, one would think his neighbourhood is a crime-ridden slum.’
- ‘Artschwager has also continued to produce paintings, typically monochromatic depictions of buildings.’
- ‘There is, of course, more to these depictions of New York streets than a simple realism of setting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.