One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A variable (often denoted by y) whose value depends on that of another.
- ‘Size and number of pollen grains were used as dependent variables, population as an independent variable, and the number of flower buds as a covariate.’
- ‘The test confirmed that the relationship between these independent variables and the dependent variable is indeed linear.’
- ‘Table 1 shows the weighted and unweighted means of the dependent variables and the key independent variables used in the analysis.’
- ‘Lifetime inhalant use was the dependent variable under study.’
- ‘The next four columns show the estimates of models with the same independent variables and different dependent variables.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.