One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A variable (often denoted by y) whose value depends on that of another.
- ‘Lifetime inhalant use was the dependent variable under study.’
- ‘Table 1 shows the weighted and unweighted means of the dependent variables and the key independent variables used in the analysis.’
- ‘The next four columns show the estimates of models with the same independent variables and different dependent variables.’
- ‘The test confirmed that the relationship between these independent variables and the dependent variable is indeed linear.’
- ‘Size and number of pollen grains were used as dependent variables, population as an independent variable, and the number of flower buds as a covariate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.