One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Adherence to departmental methods or structure.
- ‘Over time, the doctrine of judicial supremacy displaced departmentalism.’
- ‘He regards himself as the custodian and spokesman for the strategy, has strengthened the centre to counter the effects of departmentalism and promote what he calls ‘joined up government’.’
- ‘One continuing theme is lack of corporate working - an overabundance of departmentalism.’
- ‘A revival of departmentalism could reverse that trend and make the court more circumspect, for the better.’
- ‘And he believes it is important that civil service departments work together and that we break down departmentalism in the service so we have more teamwork and less competing interests.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.