The department of the US government that administers federal programs related to food production and rural life. The department's principal duty is to aid farmers, but it also serves consumers through its food-assistance and food-inspection programs.
- ‘Morris is a former director of food safety efforts at the U.S. Department of Agriculture.’
- ‘Find useful horticultural information at the U.S. Department of Agriculture.’
- ‘Several months later, the fishing licenses of those responsible were revoked by the Department of Agriculture.’
- ‘Peter Davis is the senior entomologist at the Department of Agriculture, in charge of the eradication campaign.’
- ‘Two new tools for improved soil management have been developed by the Department of Agriculture.’