One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Linus Pauling recalled how in 1945 he heard from W. B. Castle, a Harvard physician, about sickle cells and the need for deoxygenation to produce them.’
- ‘S. Sherman first showed that the shape of the red cell depends on the rate of deoxygenation.’
- ‘This can in turn lead to blocked waterways and deoxygenation of the water, leading to the death of aquatic animals.’
- ‘More importantly, it can lead to deoxygenation through a chain of events which starts with increased turbidity arising from bottom feeding, the loss of aquatic plants, and the growth of algae.’
- ‘Reoxygenation experiments were also carried out to confirm the reversibility of the deoxygenation experiments.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.