One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In some foundries in which combustion cannot be properly controlled, oxidizing fluxes are added during melting, followed by final deoxidation by phosphor copper.’
- ‘For deoxidation of carbon and low-alloy steels, aluminum, titanium, and zirconium are used.’
- ‘Carbon steel can be classified, according to various deoxidation practices, as rimmed, capped, semi-killed, or killed steel.’
- ‘These steels are not deliberately strengthened by alloying elements other than carbon; they contain some manganese for sulfur stabilization and silicon for deoxidation.’
- ‘In a vacuum furnace, carbon is an excellent deoxidizer, and the deoxidation product, carbon monoxide gas, is continuously removed under vacuum.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.