Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Remove nuclear weapons from.
- ‘Above all, the decision was made to denuclearize Europe by withdrawing all forward-based nuclear warheads, especially the few low-yield warheads we had deployed, and by shifting military planning to a conventional response.’
- ‘The need to denuclearize the peninsula and prevent weapons of mass destruction from proliferating are also expected to be pillars of the plan.’
- ‘I want to denuclearize the peninsula and make it a peaceful place.’
- ‘This also implies everybody reached an important consensus - everybody hopes the peninsula will be stable, peaceful and denuclearized.’
- ‘So, first step, I think, everyone agrees, we've got to get this place denuclearized.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.