Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Remove nuclear weapons from.
- ‘This also implies everybody reached an important consensus - everybody hopes the peninsula will be stable, peaceful and denuclearized.’
- ‘Above all, the decision was made to denuclearize Europe by withdrawing all forward-based nuclear warheads, especially the few low-yield warheads we had deployed, and by shifting military planning to a conventional response.’
- ‘So, first step, I think, everyone agrees, we've got to get this place denuclearized.’
- ‘I want to denuclearize the peninsula and make it a peaceful place.’
- ‘The need to denuclearize the peninsula and prevent weapons of mass destruction from proliferating are also expected to be pillars of the plan.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.