A small tooth or toothlike projection.
fang, denticulationView synonyms
- ‘With the possible exception of this small missing portion of the jaw, there are no other teeth or denticles on the prearticular.’
- ‘The mother later returns, repeatedly, to each of her tadpoles, which have reduced beaks and denticles, and deposits unfertilized eggs for them to eat.’
- ‘The other teeth do not show denticles because they are not well preserved.’
- ‘The remains consist of isolated teeth, spines, and dermal denticles.’
- ‘Near the base of the teeth, the denticles are less strongly pointed, and may become rounded.’
Late Middle English (denoting a pointer on an astrolabe): from Latin denticulus, diminutive of dens, dent- tooth.