A person who makes and repairs artificial teeth.
- ‘He started a dental laboratory in Hollywood, and became a dental technician, assisting dentists of Hollywood celebrities.’
- ‘During the second half of the century, dental technicians, often working independently in laboratories, fabricated various forms of tooth replacements.’
- ‘For years dental technicians have argued that customers should be able to approach them directly for a set of dentures.’
- ‘Many of the ‘face builders’ - or prosthetic technicians - are dental technicians who learn to create crowns, bridges and braces and then undertake further training.’
- ‘Kenny wants to open a chain of dental one-stop shops that would each employ a dentist, dental hygienist and dental technician.’