One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A nurse who assists a dentist.
- ‘Nearly 200 applicants were dentists, hygienists and dental nurses and a further 200 signed the register as doctors or nurses.’
- ‘Often dentists will be managing a team of people encompassing dental nurses, hygienists, receptionists and others, so good administrative and managerial abilities are needed.’
- ‘The dental nurse held my arm and squeezed it reassuringly while the dentist jammed a needle into my gum.’
- ‘The young dental nurses learnt the ‘ins and outs’ of teeth by carving plaster cast moulds of the jaw, studying from the incisors to the molars.’
- ‘The service had 20 school clinics, staffed by 22 dentists, three dental therapists, and 25 dental nurses.’
dental nurse/ˈden(t)l nərs/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.