One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An ancillary dental worker specializing in scaling and polishing teeth and in giving advice on cleaning the teeth.
- ‘General dentists and dental hygienists can also provide more limited periodontal care.’
- ‘In some states, dental hygienists can open an independent practice and in others they can administer anesthetics.’
- ‘Your dentist may recommend occasional appointments with a dental hygienist.’
- ‘In 1908, Alfred C. Fones established the first school for dental hygienists; by midcentury, every state recognized and regulated hygienists.’
- ‘Your dentist or dental hygienist will be able to tell you whether you are cleaning your teeth properly and advise you on how to clean any areas you are missing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.