One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An ancillary dental worker specializing in scaling and polishing teeth and in giving advice on cleaning the teeth.
- ‘In 1908, Alfred C. Fones established the first school for dental hygienists; by midcentury, every state recognized and regulated hygienists.’
- ‘In some states, dental hygienists can open an independent practice and in others they can administer anesthetics.’
- ‘Your dentist or dental hygienist will be able to tell you whether you are cleaning your teeth properly and advise you on how to clean any areas you are missing.’
- ‘General dentists and dental hygienists can also provide more limited periodontal care.’
- ‘Your dentist may recommend occasional appointments with a dental hygienist.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.