One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An interruption in an authorized user's access to a computer network, typically one caused with malicious intent.
- ‘The two main types of attacks were website defacement and distributed denial of service.’
- ‘The nature of this attack ranges from denial of service to a sophisticated scan of the Internet for potential targets for future compromise.’
- ‘But in a shift from previous years, the second-most expensive computer crime among survey respondents was denial of service.’
- ‘A new breed of security products designed to mitigate the risk of denial of service attacks is coming to market.’
- ‘‘It would seem that it would be easy to cause a denial of service by shutting off storage devices,’ says Wysopal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.