Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An interruption in an authorized user's access to a computer network, typically one caused with malicious intent.
- ‘The two main types of attacks were website defacement and distributed denial of service.’
- ‘A new breed of security products designed to mitigate the risk of denial of service attacks is coming to market.’
- ‘The nature of this attack ranges from denial of service to a sophisticated scan of the Internet for potential targets for future compromise.’
- ‘‘It would seem that it would be easy to cause a denial of service by shutting off storage devices,’ says Wysopal.’
- ‘But in a shift from previous years, the second-most expensive computer crime among survey respondents was denial of service.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.