One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An interruption in an authorized user's access to a computer network, typically one caused with malicious intent.
- ‘The two main types of attacks were website defacement and distributed denial of service.’
- ‘‘It would seem that it would be easy to cause a denial of service by shutting off storage devices,’ says Wysopal.’
- ‘But in a shift from previous years, the second-most expensive computer crime among survey respondents was denial of service.’
- ‘The nature of this attack ranges from denial of service to a sophisticated scan of the Internet for potential targets for future compromise.’
- ‘A new breed of security products designed to mitigate the risk of denial of service attacks is coming to market.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.