One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Remove or cut off the nerve supply from (an organ or other body part)‘the denervated muscle fibers’
- ‘Surgical options in the treatment of sialorrhea include surgery on the salivary glands and ducts, and surgery to denervate the glands.’
- ‘Injury to the long thoracic nerve denervates the serratus anterior muscle and causes a winged scapula.’
- ‘Complications of this congenital abnormality range from paralysis, hydrocephalus, scoliosis, contractures, and joint dislocation to potential skin erosion of sensory denervated areas.’
- ‘Diagnosis of the condition can be difficult because transplant recipients have denervated hearts and rarely present with chest pain.’
- ‘This syndrome also illustrates the capacity of motor nerves to recover and to reinnervate the denervated face muscles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.