Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The scientific study of trees.
- ‘I imagine that the text could easily be used by any college level dendrology class taught in neighboring states.’
- ‘Scientists do not yet fully understand all the actions and interactions of autumn leaf colors, but you may want to try contacting a dendrology department at a university with a forestry school.’
- ‘It should certainly be considered as a student textbook for courses on dendrology and field botany.’
- ‘I was introduced to the concept of phenotype during a course in forest dendrology, the taxonomy of trees.’
- ‘This is not just another tree guide or dendrology text for identifying trees and describing their characteristics.’
- ‘The process of naming plants and classifying them into those groupings is called nomenclature; the study of trees themselves is called dendrology.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.