The scientific study of trees.
- ‘I was introduced to the concept of phenotype during a course in forest dendrology, the taxonomy of trees.’
- ‘I imagine that the text could easily be used by any college level dendrology class taught in neighboring states.’
- ‘The process of naming plants and classifying them into those groupings is called nomenclature; the study of trees themselves is called dendrology.’
- ‘It should certainly be considered as a student textbook for courses on dendrology and field botany.’
- ‘This is not just another tree guide or dendrology text for identifying trees and describing their characteristics.’
- ‘Scientists do not yet fully understand all the actions and interactions of autumn leaf colors, but you may want to try contacting a dendrology department at a university with a forestry school.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.