Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A tree diagram, especially one showing taxonomic relationships.
- ‘Such dendrograms present the data from high-dimensional row spaces in a form that facilitates the use of human pattern recognition abilities.’
- ‘The proposed methodology is applicable to a broad class of problems that require comparison of the topological properties of various dendrograms.’
- ‘Sufficient sequence data have now been accumulated to permit the construction of a dendrogram of the family and the identification of conserved sequence motifs.’
- ‘In a phylogenetic dendrogram, branches and twigs here and there show saltations into a new grade.’
- ‘The topologies of dendrograms portrayed songs of birds known to be extimus uniting with other extimus, and birds known to be adastus clustering with other adastus.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.