One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The process of bringing the leaders of the National Socialist regime in Germany to justice and of purging all elements of Nazism from public life, carried out especially between 1945 and 1948.
- ‘The denazification board portrayed him as more of a victim than an opportunist.’
- ‘During the postwar denazification process, he landed briefly in a military jail and was permanently stripped of his professorship.’
- ‘By the time the war ended, Riefenstahl had yet to edit the film and it was impounded during the denazification tribunals.’
- ‘In the zones, they began a denazification, demilitarization, and re-education program.’
- ‘However, although the MacArthur-style scheme has been discarded, a key resource for the planners is the archives of the denazification of Germany.’
- ‘That result, or that perception, was mediated by our subsequent denazification programs and also a degree of moral realization of the evils committed by those regimes.’
- ‘In music more than anything else, denazification was almost inexistent.’
- ‘The denazification process was never completed, and was ended in 1948 as the Cold War began and attention shifted from the old Nazi menace to the new communist one.’
- ‘Well, in his isolated time after the war, during his denazification, Heidegger came to believe poetry was the means to open up the world.’
- ‘In 1950, the Bundestag recommended that the process of denazification be ended.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.