One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[WITH OBJECT]usually as adjective demyelinating
Cause the loss or destruction of myelin in (nerve tissue)‘a chronic demyelinating disease’
- ‘A demyelinating disease is any condition that results in damage to the protective covering (myelin sheath) that surrounds nerves in your brain and spinal cord.’
- ‘It has already been clearly established that vaccines can lead to demyelinating disorders.’
- ‘Currently, demyelinating diseases are permanent, and problems worsen as time goes on because there is no way to fix the underlying problem - restoring the myelin around the axons of brain cells.’
- ‘Multiple sclerosis is an inflammatory, autoimmune, demyelinating disease of the central nervous system.’
- ‘About 50% of patients with a first demyelinating episode develop multiple sclerosis; interferon decreases this risk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.