Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Open to demurrer.
- ‘The emotional distress cause of action was demurrable on other grounds, but leave to amend should have been granted.’
- ‘Without such allegation that the contract was assigned, that part of the pleading would then be demurrable.’
- ‘And if a claim is demurrable there might arise a question, as arose in the present case, as to whether it could possibly be saved by amendment.’
- ‘A plea of a fair and accurate report of foreign judicial proceedings was not demurrable.’
- ‘A conclusion of law renders no issue, and a complaint which depends upon such allegations is insufficient and demurrable.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.