One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘So, she hid her femininity behind demureness, read her poems with eyes downcast and scuttled back to the safe haven of domesticity.’
- ‘Her costuming focuses on tight-fitting outfits that emphasize her figure while at the same time, in contrast, a full, loose hairstyle sometimes conveys demureness.’
- ‘Is it some kind of attempt at demureness and modesty?’
- ‘She seems to believe that a nun-like demureness equates to mystery and depth of character and walks around with her eyes permanently downcast, a small, irritatingly sly smile on her lips.’
- ‘‘Hello Mark… ‘she said lowering her eyed in fake demureness and smiling so that her dimples showed.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.