One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘So, she hid her femininity behind demureness, read her poems with eyes downcast and scuttled back to the safe haven of domesticity.’
- ‘She seems to believe that a nun-like demureness equates to mystery and depth of character and walks around with her eyes permanently downcast, a small, irritatingly sly smile on her lips.’
- ‘Her costuming focuses on tight-fitting outfits that emphasize her figure while at the same time, in contrast, a full, loose hairstyle sometimes conveys demureness.’
- ‘‘Hello Mark… ‘she said lowering her eyed in fake demureness and smiling so that her dimples showed.’’
- ‘Is it some kind of attempt at demureness and modesty?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.