One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Introduce competition into (a market or economy) by privatizing previously nationalized assets.
- ‘Due to recent demonopolizing of the market, other companies were invited to compete with it for domain name registrations.’
- ‘There is wide agreement that the calculation of utility costs is nontransparent and often arbitrary, and that the government is not interested in demonopolizing the industry.’
- ‘Multinationals are lining up for the rush to begin for investment in Brazil's newly demonopolized petroleum sector.’
- ‘This is to become the first stage in demonopolizing foreign operations in the electricity industry.’
- ‘Second, efforts could be made to demonopolize decision making, such that individual discretion is limited and accountability is strengthened.’
- ‘Along with demonopolizing local telephone markets, one of the Telecommunications Act's great challenges is to reconcile our commitment to competition with our commitment to universal service.’
- ‘Following the course of state economic reforms, our organization was the first who demonopolized its activity and introduced the system of certified experts.’
- ‘On the basis of the state reform legislation that was approved in August 1989, the executive branch issued a series of orders to demonopolize and deregulate the oil and gas industry in Argentina.’
- ‘First of all, we should demonopolize the sector and develop competition to make the people receive good services at reasonable prices.’
- ‘In all three countries, trade is now demonopolized and licensing and quotas play a very small role.’
- ‘The conference papers and discussion suggested two basic recipes for achieving such purpose: labour market reform and further privatisation and demonopolising of the economy.’
- ‘Broadcasting has got to be demonopolised for this purpose, just as the Internet is.’
- ‘The government today plans to demonopolize the power sector.’
- ‘In mid-December the government set a timetable for demonopolizing its power sector.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.