One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Extract (a modulating signal) from its carrier.
- ‘Thus, this signal can be demodulated and played on an ordinary FM radio receiver.’
- ‘A modem is a piece of telecommunications equipment which modulates and demodulates a message.’
- ‘The fundamental characteristic of software radio is that software defines the transmitted waveforms, and software demodulates the received waveforms.’
- ‘Software-defined radio ‘tunes’ and demodulates radio signals with software, using off-the-shelf, low-cost computer parts.’
- ‘The receiver demodulates the wireless signal and ships it on to the customer's terminal equipment.’
- 1.1 Separate a modulating signal from (its carrier).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.