One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of mange caused by follicle mites and tending to affect chiefly the head and foreparts.Compare with sarcoptic mange
- ‘Older dogs with demodectic mange may have a serious underlying disease problem that interferes with a well functioning immune system.’
- ‘Dogs infected with scabies or demodectic mange should be groomed following the advice of your veterinarian only.’
- ‘Demodectic mange caused by demodectic mange mites is mainly a problem in dogs.’
- ‘Occasionally, an animal will develop demodectic mange as an adult; however, this usually means that the animal has another medical condition that is compromising the immune system.’
- ‘Most pets that have demodectic mange are young, which is a big aid in the diagnostic process.’
Late 19th century: demodectic from modern Latin Demodex (from Greek dēmos ‘fat’ + dēx ‘woodworm’) + -ic.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.