One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In accordance with the principles of democracy.‘a democratically elected government’‘wage scales should be decided democratically’
- ‘This is designed to make the union function more efficiently and democratically.’
- ‘We are committed to a sustainable, socially just and democratically accountable trade system.’
- ‘It is an example of how our system of government can adjust to new demands peacefully and democratically.’
- ‘If we want politicians to act democratically we shall first have to have a democracy.’
- ‘Such an assembly must be elected openly and democratically by and for ordinary working people.’
- ‘It is hoped that the next election will be done democratically at the polling booths.’
- ‘Such a level of social inequality can never be voluntarily or democratically accepted by the population.’
- ‘The confrontation between classes will get bigger, and it won't happen democratically.’
- ‘The newer groups are not run democratically; they often have no members.’
- ‘The matter of choosing the Labour candidate to fight the next general election will be made democratically by the party.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.