One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In accordance with the principles of democracy.‘a democratically elected government’‘wage scales should be decided democratically’
- ‘The matter of choosing the Labour candidate to fight the next general election will be made democratically by the party.’
- ‘This is designed to make the union function more efficiently and democratically.’
- ‘It is an example of how our system of government can adjust to new demands peacefully and democratically.’
- ‘The confrontation between classes will get bigger, and it won't happen democratically.’
- ‘If we want politicians to act democratically we shall first have to have a democracy.’
- ‘The newer groups are not run democratically; they often have no members.’
- ‘It is hoped that the next election will be done democratically at the polling booths.’
- ‘Such an assembly must be elected openly and democratically by and for ordinary working people.’
- ‘Such a level of social inequality can never be voluntarily or democratically accepted by the population.’
- ‘We are committed to a sustainable, socially just and democratically accountable trade system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.