Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The Leninist organizational system in which policy is decided centrally and is binding on all members.
- ‘In theory democratic centralism makes the executive accountable to the Party, but only in theory.’
- ‘Dunphy remains faithful, by contrast, to the tradition of democratic centralism, ceding little control to others.’
- ‘It was in this section of the book that Rodney developed the critique of vanguardism and the party form that celebrated the virtues of democratic centralism where there was a lot of centralisation but no democracy.’
- ‘Inside the party, democratic centralism degenerated into bureaucratic centralization, so that by the 1930s there was a wide gap between party officials and party members.’
- ‘It is generally believed that the model used by the government for making policy decisions follows the so-called ‘principle of collective leadership under democratic centralism.’’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.