One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In September I had the opportunity to visit some mine sites, and watch manual deminers prod the ground every two centimeters to locate mines.’
- ‘Rather than expose deminers to the danger of handling a possibly booby-trapped device, several methods have been proposed for destroying mines in situ without actually detonating them.’
- ‘At the end of each shift in the minefields, the deminers detonate the mines they've found in situ.’
- ‘Part of the funding will be used to provide life insurance cover for deminers and to pay compensation for victims of the mines, he said.’
- ‘This is several thousands times faster than the technique used by trained deminers equipped with probes, who clear 40m² of mined area per day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.