Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Hotel accommodations with bed, breakfast, and one main meal per day.
- ‘The college's comprehensive fee covers the application fee, deposit, program tuition and studio art fee, housing, and meals (demi-pension) while classes are in session, and an activity deposit.’
- ‘Please note that during certain times of year, some hotels require the purchase of the demi-pension package.’
- ‘Rates start at about $74 per person double, including breakfast, and $92 per person for demi-pension.’
- ‘Lodging with families in Versailles includes demi-pension (breakfast daily, and dinner five days a week).’
- ‘Participants will stay in student residence halls with demi-pension.’
French, literally ‘half board’.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.