Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Hotel accommodations with bed, breakfast, and one main meal per day.
- ‘The college's comprehensive fee covers the application fee, deposit, program tuition and studio art fee, housing, and meals (demi-pension) while classes are in session, and an activity deposit.’
- ‘Participants will stay in student residence halls with demi-pension.’
- ‘Please note that during certain times of year, some hotels require the purchase of the demi-pension package.’
- ‘Rates start at about $74 per person double, including breakfast, and $92 per person for demi-pension.’
- ‘Lodging with families in Versailles includes demi-pension (breakfast daily, and dinner five days a week).’
French, literally half board.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.