One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A chronic or persistent disorder of the mental processes caused by brain disease or injury and marked by memory disorders, personality changes, and impaired reasoning.
mental illness, madness, insanity, derangement, lunacyView synonyms
- ‘They support people with conditions such as dementia and Alzheimer's disease.’
- ‘People with dementia have a degenerative disease of the brain for which there is no cure.’
- ‘People with dementia sometimes find it easier to look into memories than fact.’
- ‘Early-stage dementia or Alzheimer's disease may be associated with gluten antibodies.’
- ‘The higher homocysteine, the higher your chances of a person contracting dementia.’
Late 18th century: from Latin, from demens, dement- ‘out of one's mind’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.