One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I started to laugh quietly, resentfully, dementedly.’
- ‘I figured this was his dementedly cryptic way of letting me know he was there to settle my gambling debt.’
- ‘His face was dementedly squeezed; sweat was running down while his eyebrows were those of a devil.’
- ‘His mother and favourite sister had died of tuberculosis in 1868 and 1877 respectively, and his father - driven close to insanity with grief - became almost dementedly pious.’
- ‘Some way into the forest Kira stopped abruptly, pressed her nose to the earth and began to dig dementedly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.