One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Divide or break up (a social or political unit) into its component parts.
- ‘And computer communication is demassified in that individuals in a large audience can receive communications tailored especially for them.’
- ‘In a demassifying America, it is a mistake to derive sweeping conclusions about our civic health from the fate of an unrepresentative sample of mass organizations.’
- ‘The information age however is both demassifying everything and connecting everything together in more complex ways, all at the same time.’
- ‘With the new technology, companies can demassify and offer a wider variety of products, as well as operate on a global scale.’
- ‘This statement espouses the mass society concept, whereas we now live in the demassified society.’
- ‘Health care in the 1990s is being demassified along with other industrial age enterprises.’
- ‘Once this occurs, the medium has been demassified and demystified.’
- ‘I believe they are valid analyses, but they don't deal with the hierarchy-dissolving, demassifying effects of computer-mediated communication networks.’
- ‘Like the economic sectors it serves, it is demassified - composed of individuals who prize their differences.’
- ‘And what's happening is that society is becoming more demassified, more heterogeneous, and it is therefore harder and harder to arrive at a majority on an issue.’
- ‘It demassifies production, media and other aspects of society, introducing instead industrial customization, just-in-time inventories and proliferating channels of cable television.’
- ‘The context for lending is demassifying and the economics favors microloans.’
- ‘At the same time, conventional war is generally regarded as oriented toward smaller, more professional, and high-tech forces fighting in ‘demassified’ conflicts.’
- ‘If we truly wish to live free of government and corporate intrusion, we first must recognize the need to demassify the way we live our lives.’
- ‘It is somewhat contradictory to expect demassified media to have anything to do with the mainstream opinion.’
- ‘In the same way, I believe that racial and ethnic identifications are also demassifying in parallel to what is happening in the economy and the media today.’
- ‘High-tech futurists will think the economy is demassifying into something much better.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.