The practice of feeding a baby when it cries to be fed rather than at set times.
- ‘In response to this, some parents find that demand feeding is easiest at the beginning.’
- ‘There are a number of groups who obviously feel very strongly that demand feeding is the only way.’
- ‘I just wanted to say that demand feeding is NOT the only way to feed your child, and I don't like that the article only refers to scheduling as strict.’
- ‘That's the beauty of demand feeding, after all; it's totally based on supply and demand and takes a lot of worry out of feeding a baby.’
- ‘It's not exactly demand feeding either, because we do attempt to train our baby's feeding patterns, if need be.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.