Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A financial draft payable on demand.
- ‘They will accept cash, cheques and demand drafts for property tax payment.’
- ‘As a result, the bank's customers in all its ‘computerised’ branches wait for hours in a row every morning to encash their cheques, or get a demand draft or even to remit cash.’
- ‘When he regained consciousness at the hospital, he found that he had been deprived of two demand drafts worth Rs 15,000 each and Rs 500 in cash on his person.’
- ‘As an initial contribution, a demand draft for Rs.45,000 was handed over to the Collector last week.’
- ‘They need to also send in a non-refundable demand draft for Rs. 500 along with their application.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.