Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Caused or determined by demand from consumers or clients.
- ‘Many companies believe that within the next five years, 95 percent of supply chains will be demand-driven.’
- ‘Development must be participatory and demand-driven.’
- ‘In recent weeks, the government has released some oil reserves to dampen the demand-led price rises in the price of oil.’
- ‘Instead, he instigated a demand-led programme, encouraging staff to come up with innovative ideas and then cherry-picking those that would add value to the economy.’
- ‘Their appetites are helping to fuel demand-led growth for the first time in decades.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.