One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The closest we get to your representation of consumer capitalism is the strategy of pattern recognition, but even that is still miles away from your neoliberal demagogy.’
- ‘Paranoia can be fun as a plot device. As national policy, however, it is extraordinarily dangerous, leading to the worst sort of demagogy and extremism.’
- ‘With his characteristic demagogy, he denounced the opposition leaders as ‘responsible for 15 years of corruption and misleading the country.’’
- ‘But it is pure demagogy to claim that the situation is significantly different in France, Holland, Belgium, Italy or any other European country.’
- ‘Many cling to this illusion, giving rise to personality cults that eventually lead to demagogy and authoritarianism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.