One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But it is pure demagogy to claim that the situation is significantly different in France, Holland, Belgium, Italy or any other European country.’
- ‘With his characteristic demagogy, he denounced the opposition leaders as ‘responsible for 15 years of corruption and misleading the country.’’
- ‘Many cling to this illusion, giving rise to personality cults that eventually lead to demagogy and authoritarianism.’
- ‘The closest we get to your representation of consumer capitalism is the strategy of pattern recognition, but even that is still miles away from your neoliberal demagogy.’
- ‘Paranoia can be fun as a plot device. As national policy, however, it is extraordinarily dangerous, leading to the worst sort of demagogy and extremism.’
Political activity or practices that seek support by appealing to the desires and prejudices of ordinary people rather than by using rational argument.‘the party's empty populist demagogy is rapidly being exposed as worthless’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.