One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A single triangular swept-back wing on some aircraft, typically military aircraft.
- ‘Under this concept the launch vehicle, which has a solid-fuel engine and a delta wing, would be suspended under the airplane's fuselage.’
- ‘I am of an age where I have never not been aware of Concorde and never not felt that with its dynamic shape and delta wing that it was ever anything else than the Queen of the Skies.’
- ‘These fighters had large delta wings instead of the conventional wings and tail stabilizers.’
- ‘One former Vulcan pilot explained: ‘Although it was an easy aircraft to fly, it owed everything to the two pairs of Olympus 202 engines housed within the delta wing.’’
- ‘Soon the dismal, dark skies over Heathrow had given way to a brilliant blue, with the sun glinting on Concorde's delta wings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.