Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Electrical activity of the brain at a frequency of around 1–8 Hz, typical of sleep. The resulting oscillations, detected using an electroencephalograph, are called delta waves.
- ‘Brain research has shown that using sound phasing for brain synchrony will adjust the brain waves to deeper states down to the delta wave pattern.’
- ‘Research has shown alpha wave intrusion into non-REM delta wave sleep 70% greater than controls.’
- ‘By stage 4, the brain produces delta waves almost exclusively.’
- ‘The amplitude of delta waves is very high relative to other frequencies.’
- ‘As the participant enters deeper sleep, large amplitude delta waves may be observed.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.