One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Rays of low penetrative power consisting of slow electrons or other particles ejected from atoms by the impact of ionizing radiation.
- ‘In the case of a high range cut (i.e. energy loss without delta ray production) for thick absorbers the following condition should be fulfilled.’
- ‘The fraction due to delta rays and capacitive coupling has been increased to 24% for the first stack and to 19% for the other stacks.’
- ‘If you set the delta ray threshold to infinity (which is a possibility, but not recommended) all the energy lost will be deposited instead at the loss point.’
- ‘They suggest that delta ray action rarely produces DSBs at locations away from a primary ion track, and that the average energy per delta ray has little biological importance.’
- ‘These are all negative particles which, like the delta rays turn to the left.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.