Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A triangular arrangement of electrical three-phase windings in series, each of the three wires of the circuit being connected to a junction of two windings.
- ‘The voltage and current rules for a delta connection must be used when determining line and phase values of voltage current.’
- ‘After the start, the circuit is switched to delta connection and the motor receives the nominal voltage.’
- ‘The respective delta connections of each main and additional windings are three delta points,, and of the main winding which are perfectly symmetrical and equidistant from each other.’
- ‘In the present example of a three-phase system, the known star connections and delta connections, for example, can be used at the same time.’
- ‘The work is extended to as polyphase circuit analysis, including wye and delta connections.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.