A small steak cut from the front section of the short loin of beef.Also called club steak
- ‘Know what you want when you buy a Delmonico steak.’
- ‘The meaning of a Delmonico steak has changed over the years and from place to place.’
- ‘Rub Delmonico steaks with marinade, and then refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours.’
- ‘Succulent and well-marbled with fat, the rib-eye is also known as the Delmonico steak.’
- ‘Luckily, much care has been taken with Delmonico steak, its beefy flavor enhanced by an understated demi glace.’
Named for Lorenzo Delmonico (1813–81), Swiss-born US restaurateur.