One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a manner that causes great pleasure; charmingly.‘a delightfully illustrated account’as submodifier ‘delightfully eccentric characters’
- ‘There is a delightfully odd, twangy soundtrack, which plays counterpoint to the otherworldly feel of the rest of the film.’
- ‘Remarkably, delightfully, given the risks taken by the production, this film is a total success in every respect.’
- ‘It is a far and delightfully welcome cry from the grimness and grime usually associated with building sites.’
- ‘In these videos, the pieces all come together into a remarkable coherence: all the nonsense somehow, delightfully, makes sense.’
- ‘Delightfully conceived and beautifully shot, the video captures Peter's carefree frame of mind perfectly.’
- ‘The movie was a delightfully witty tale showing a lightness of touch not seen in the director's work since the 1950s.’
- ‘A clever script and two delightfully over-achieving actresses make this a picture to see for sure.’
- ‘Under his masterful direction, with its eccentric perspectives and brilliant compositions, everything comes together delightfully.’
- ‘Once you absorb the delightfully twisted story, further viewings will reveal the carefully nuanced comedic background.’
- ‘Many of his mispronunciation jokes are delightfully complex.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.