One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The process or practice of reducing the level of one's debt by rapidly selling one's assets.
- ‘Relatively straightforward deleveraging and cost reductions turned around the likes of Southland, News Corp., Goodyear Tire & Rubber, Holiday Corp., and Macy's.’
- ‘Now, however, it looks like we could be in the early stage of a deleveraging process.’
- ‘No deleveraging of any consequence has yet taken place in the US corporate sector; borrowing in fact, has continued unabated.’
- ‘And if stocks have commenced a meaningful decline, we would expect considerable deleveraging here as well.’
- ‘In late February, management detailed a deleveraging campaign intended to return the company to investment-grade credit status by 2005.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.