One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the US state of Delaware or its inhabitants.‘farming is still a bedrock of rural Delawarean identity’
- ‘Our work with the State has resulted in a 10-year history of affordably providing access to quality care for Delawarean beneficiaries.’
- ‘The flesh and eggs of seabirds, berries, seaweed, and the meat and oil from seals and stranded whales were other major coastal Delawarean food sources.’
- ‘Delawarean officials from both parties applauded the U.S. Supreme Court ruling in favor of marriage equality.’
- ‘Upcoming events include a Q and A with Native Delawarean producer and global activist Katie Carpenter.’
A native or inhabitant of the US state of Delaware.‘we want every Delawarean to be ready and safe’
- ‘That company employs 100 Delawareans at a manufacturing plant in Delaware City.’
- ‘All Delawareans should have the privilege of participating in this institution.’
- ‘A quarter of Delawareans work in finance or business services, a higher proportion than in any other state.’
- ‘The civic interests of a Delawarean are not really that different from the civic interests of a New Yorker, but the individual Delawarean's vote is worth more.’
- ‘She is the first Delawarean elected to the national position.’
- ‘Susan, who has been teaching for 16 years, is the first Delawarean to win the national honor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.