One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He punished the delators; reduced the privileges of the praetorians, and reformed the law courts.’
- ‘During the Empire professional delators were many because of the monetary rewards that awaited a winner.’
- ‘They loathe policemen and suffer from a fear of being considered delators.’
- ‘They knew of people called delators who made a living out of accusing people before the authorities.’
- ‘The country will swarm with informers, spies, delators and all the odious reptile tribe that breed in the sunshine of a despotic power.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.