One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Industrially, they are mainly manufactured as the products of the dehydrogenation, or oxidation, of secondary alcohols.’
- ‘Manufacture of ketones can also be carried out by the dehydrogenation of a secondary alcohol at high temperature.’
- ‘The entire process simulation - alcohol dehydrogenation, carbonyl polishing and distillation - was operated continuously for eight weeks.’
- ‘A second dehydrogenation turns acetaldehyde into acetic acid, aka vinegar, which gets digested as usual.’
- ‘Benzene is manufactured industrially by dehydrogenation and dealkylation of appropriate fractions of petroleum.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.