One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A naturally occurring weak androgenic steroid hormone produced by the adrenal glands with benefits such as the prevention of aging, the improvement of sexual function, the enhancement of athletic performance, and the treatment of osteoporosis.
- ‘DHEA, i.e., dehydroepiandrosterone, is a natural steroid hormone produced from cholesterol by the adrenal glands.’
- ‘For many decades it was believed the adrenal hormone dehydroepiandrosterone had no function: now it is recognized as having a wide range of therapeutic applications.’
- ‘The adrenal glands may secrete the inert androgen dehydroepiandrosterone which can be converted to active sex steroids by cells within the brain.’
- ‘Another hormone reputed to be a veritable fountain of youth is dehydroepiandrosterone, which is naturally produced in the adrenal glands.’
- ‘Protodioscin is also believed to increase dehydroepiandrosterone production by the adrenal glands.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.