Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A naturally occurring weak androgenic steroid hormone produced by the adrenal glands with benefits such as the prevention of aging, the improvement of sexual function, the enhancement of athletic performance, and the treatment of osteoporosis.
- ‘Another hormone reputed to be a veritable fountain of youth is dehydroepiandrosterone, which is naturally produced in the adrenal glands.’
- ‘For many decades it was believed the adrenal hormone dehydroepiandrosterone had no function: now it is recognized as having a wide range of therapeutic applications.’
- ‘DHEA, i.e., dehydroepiandrosterone, is a natural steroid hormone produced from cholesterol by the adrenal glands.’
- ‘Protodioscin is also believed to increase dehydroepiandrosterone production by the adrenal glands.’
- ‘The adrenal glands may secrete the inert androgen dehydroepiandrosterone which can be converted to active sex steroids by cells within the brain.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.