One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device that removes excess moisture from the air.
- ‘So why not go shopping for small dehumidifiers?’
- ‘If it gets too damp you can always put the dehumidifier in to run for twenty-four hours.’
- ‘A dehumidifier was specially designed for the space.’
- ‘Energy efficiency is important in dehumidifiers.’
- ‘Humidifiers, dehumidifiers and air conditioning condensing units should be regularly cleaned with a disinfectant such as chlorine bleach.’
- ‘Dry walls and floors with fans, which turn moisture into vapor, and dehumidifiers, which then pull vapors down a drain.’
- ‘We had to hire dehumidifiers and run those 24 hours a day for three months.’
- ‘Local electrical shops yesterday reported a huge demand for dehumidifiers which are used to dry and air damp buildings.’
- ‘The hardest thing is drying it out - we've got four dehumidifiers going and they're still producing three buckets of water a day each.’
- ‘Constant readings are taken of temperature and humidity, and dehumidifiers work away to halt the rust.’
- ‘Fire crews were called to the property after a dehumidifier caught fire in the kitchen.’
- ‘Unlike cooling-based dehumidifiers, which cool the air to condense moisture, desiccants attract moisture molecules directly from the air and release them into an exhaust air stream.’
- ‘But pesticide is not always the solution: silverfish only live in humid conditions, so a dehumidifier in your bathroom will probably get rid of them.’
- ‘We also bought a couple of dehumidifiers for the large rooms, placed small moisture-collecting boxes in the dampest spots, and were amazed at how often they filled up with water!’
- ‘For example, improperly drained drip pans on air conditioning units, and standing water in humidifiers and dehumidifiers, can grow bacteria or mold.’
- ‘Eight dehumidifiers and eight dryers were used to dry out the house, she said.’
- ‘Most wireless closet dehumidifiers can go at least one or two months before having to be discharged, depending on the volume of air, amount of moisture, and other factors.’
- ‘Air conditioners, dehumidifiers and thorough cleaning practices, especially in your bedroom, can minimize your exposure to these substances and help you breathe easier.’
- ‘She has a dehumidifier in the shop that is releasing eight buckets of water per day.’
- ‘The only problem of note was a pair of malfunctioning dehumidifiers, which temporarily raised temperatures inside the laboratory to the low 80s, 10 degrees higher than desired.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.