One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device that removes excess moisture from the air.
- ‘If it gets too damp you can always put the dehumidifier in to run for twenty-four hours.’
- ‘Most wireless closet dehumidifiers can go at least one or two months before having to be discharged, depending on the volume of air, amount of moisture, and other factors.’
- ‘Humidifiers, dehumidifiers and air conditioning condensing units should be regularly cleaned with a disinfectant such as chlorine bleach.’
- ‘Energy efficiency is important in dehumidifiers.’
- ‘Eight dehumidifiers and eight dryers were used to dry out the house, she said.’
- ‘But pesticide is not always the solution: silverfish only live in humid conditions, so a dehumidifier in your bathroom will probably get rid of them.’
- ‘Unlike cooling-based dehumidifiers, which cool the air to condense moisture, desiccants attract moisture molecules directly from the air and release them into an exhaust air stream.’
- ‘So why not go shopping for small dehumidifiers?’
- ‘The only problem of note was a pair of malfunctioning dehumidifiers, which temporarily raised temperatures inside the laboratory to the low 80s, 10 degrees higher than desired.’
- ‘The hardest thing is drying it out - we've got four dehumidifiers going and they're still producing three buckets of water a day each.’
- ‘For example, improperly drained drip pans on air conditioning units, and standing water in humidifiers and dehumidifiers, can grow bacteria or mold.’
- ‘Constant readings are taken of temperature and humidity, and dehumidifiers work away to halt the rust.’
- ‘Fire crews were called to the property after a dehumidifier caught fire in the kitchen.’
- ‘We also bought a couple of dehumidifiers for the large rooms, placed small moisture-collecting boxes in the dampest spots, and were amazed at how often they filled up with water!’
- ‘Local electrical shops yesterday reported a huge demand for dehumidifiers which are used to dry and air damp buildings.’
- ‘Dry walls and floors with fans, which turn moisture into vapor, and dehumidifiers, which then pull vapors down a drain.’
- ‘We had to hire dehumidifiers and run those 24 hours a day for three months.’
- ‘A dehumidifier was specially designed for the space.’
- ‘Air conditioners, dehumidifiers and thorough cleaning practices, especially in your bedroom, can minimize your exposure to these substances and help you breathe easier.’
- ‘She has a dehumidifier in the shop that is releasing eight buckets of water per day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.