One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Remove the horns from (an animal).
- ‘Some people opt to dehorn the kids, usually when they are 1 week old, with a tool called a disbudding iron, which looks like a soldering iron with the tip sawed off.’
- ‘A year later, 140 black rhinos out of 305 remaining in the country, and 123 white rhinos out of 198 remaining, had been dehorned.’
- ‘Common procedures for beef calves include branding, castration and dehorning.’
- ‘The distressful effects of dehorning your cattle can be avoided by using Angus.’
- ‘Most milk and beef producers dehorn their cattle at a young age to prevent the animals from injuring each other.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.