One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a cell) lose or release granules of a substance, typically as part of an immune reaction.‘the eosinophils degranulate, releasing the toxic contents of the granules’
- ‘It has been demonstrated that DEPs directly degranulate mast cells and increase histamine levels and symptom severity in humans.’
- ‘When mast cells degranulate they release tryptase, in addition to histamine and prostaglandins.’
- ‘IL - 8 also activates neutrophils to degranulate and cause tissue damage.’
- ‘We found corroborative evidence that neutrophils are stimulated to degranulate and produce reactive oxidants in the airways of children with Cystic Fibrosis.’
- ‘Pus is thick because of its high DNA content from degranulated cells.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.